Come posso avere più informazioni su Darwin?
A che cosa serve il QR code?
[Da The Chronicle of Higer Education]
[da the Digital Reader]
The report, “Peer Review in Scientific Publications,” released last week by the U.K. House of Commons Science and Technology Committee, reiterates much of what we already know:
- That peer and editorial review is important for maintaining the integrity of the scientific literature
- That the process of peer review is not consistent across all journals
- That pre-publication review may be supplemented — although not replaced — by post-publication review
- That publishers need to continue experimenting with other models for review and dissemination
- That editors and senior academics need to educate new scholars on how to provide quality reviews
- That granting and promotion committees should not rely upon a single metric (e.g., the impact factor) in order to evaluate the merits of a paper
Ci seguite anche su Twitter? Più notizie, più velocemente http://ow.ly/5VcHx
Internet Archive founder turns to new information storage device – the book. Brewster Kahle, the man behind a project to file every webpage, now wants to gather one copy of every published book.